Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had to replace an ignition switch in their 10 before. And if so,where did you source if from? This is the 4 prong switch that is 3 in a triangle shape with a seperate ground wire. Massey dealer wants $78. That's too rich for me. Any help will be appreciated

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I put the new switch in this morning, and nothing. So I put th old one in and fired right up. So if anyone is looking for a replacement switch, do not buy #7-01850 from Napa. It's a no go. Might just pull the wires out of connector and rearrange them to work. Had it running for over an hour setting the carb. Can get it to stop backfiring but it still hunts bad. An I'm sure it's due for a ring job.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I have one found. If not, do you have a source for these? I can't give you anything but a MF part #. Thanks

·
4,482 Posts
What ever switch you use be SURE it does not supply 12 volts to the Magneto wire. This will toast you CDI module.

The 5 pole switches with an M terminal should work but you my have to move the wires in the tractor plug for it to be wire correctly.

Reactions: MH81 and limebuzz

·
4,482 Posts
Here is a link to the Wire Diagram. This should help you rearrange the wiring properly.

The D terminal should only connect to ground when the key is off and open in all other positions. The M terminal on the 5 pole switch will do this for you.

Just NEVER apply any voltage to this wire.

Reactions: MH81

·
Registered
416 Posts
I checked on the Simplicity 4 pin switch (2122201SM) I don't have the MF12 here at the house so I couldn't compare, but one of my MF12 Manuals shows D-B-S-C and the Simplicity switch is arranged D-S-B-C so they are probably different.

Attachments

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I checked on the Simplicity 4 pin switch (2122201SM) I don't have the MF12 here at the house so I couldn't compare, but one of my MF12 Manuals shows D-B-S-C and the Simplicity switch is arranged D-S-B-C so they are probably different.
I have an old switch from a MF12 and it looks to be the same, has the same markings in the same locations as yours.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. I will inquire as soon as I find a Simplicity dealer around here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts