Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a spare rear end or some parts of one for a MF 10? Mine locked up couldnt move the gear lever. I took it apart and found many gears with broken teeth. You could also tell there had been some water in there working at it for quit while. I live in central PA so if anyone can help let me know. Thanks.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
smatt26 said:
Does anyone have a spare rear end or some parts of one for a MF 10? Mine locked up couldnt move the gear lever. I took it apart and found many gears with broken teeth. You could also tell there had been some water in there working at it for quit while. I live in central PA so if anyone can help let me know. Thanks.
There may be one quite close to you. I emailed the owner to see what he's doing with it... will let you know when I hear back.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
MH81 said:
There may be one quite close to you. I emailed the owner to see what he's doing with it... will let you know when I hear back.
You could also check e-bay, I've been seeing one there but can't speak to it's condition.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I will start checking out the JD stuff and if your buddy still has it let me know. I found one on eBay $125 isn't bad but $89 shipping sucks

·
129 Posts
Unless your shafts and casing are really rusted you might find it cheaper to buy the gears only. There were two sets on Ebay when I last looked. It has the advantage of cheap shipping (I paid $15 for a set to be shipped by USPS) and you have some idea from the pics what it is you are getting.

George.

·
5 Posts
I have a couple of rear ends for Massey Ferguson i just acquired. I don't know anything about them. I have pictures in the gallery of them . Located under tractors by make and then Ferguson/Snapper.

If you want to make the drive, I live in Abingdon, Maryland

1 - 8 of 8 Posts