Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i found one, it is going up for auction....

what is it worth?

what should i expect to pay?

what should i look out for?

it has a different looking starter set up, a belt going from the starter to the flywheel. i think this is an earlier model.... am i right?

apparently i cannot copy and paste pictures... heres a link
http://www.auctiontime.com/OnlineAuctions/Details.aspx?OHID=10433349&lp=th

bugger off i found it first :poke: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Nice find but Newton Ia is about 600 miles down the road from you! I am very familiar with Newton...back hauled out of the Maytag factory way back before they mothballed it.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
$50 met the reserve?
Bet it won't buy it.

As has been said before...
Location, location, location
So many things determine the price. Condition, scarceness, location
The loader would bring a 500-1k tag many places... Some places more.
The tractor, if it runs and moves well would be 400+ in many markets...
HOWEVER, it says "ran" last year. Past tense... Who knows what that means. It may be as they say and need a carb cleaning... It may need WAY more.

Without a running engine, you can't check the loader, the tranny, etc.
Basically, you have a tractor that needs to either be bought with the understanding it may need far more than you would think from the pics or you're going to take a serious roll of the dice and assume everything is OK.
No offense to the PO, but I don't think I know you well enough to take all that risk.

I would probably assume the loader to be good, based on the lack of crusty, oily mess.
I would personally give the tranny a 75% probability it's fine (they are pretty robust)
In spite of the write up, I would assume the spark module needs replaced or a repower needs done.

So... Take you're top dollar bid, remove an amount that would equal a repower, and there is what you should proxy.
If you get it.. ROAD TRIP... If not, you bid as you should IMHO and someone with deeper pockets wanted it more.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Tractor looks like an early model 1967 MF12, has the starter generator and would have points/magneto ignition if original.

Tractor has hand controls for a loader tractor you want foot control for the motion, forward backward.

??? hope this helps.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
Looks like a pretty cool tractor! Noel has got my mind on an FEL but no time to persue it! Looks like this MF12 owner has a mental issue like me----

DAC

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's exciting!!! What'd it go for?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
The link he gave says $1650. Sold

Reactions: limebuzz

·
49 Posts
I hate starter alternator! the starter spins ten rotations and the motor does half of a revolution. the loader is off of that one and on my 12G. this has a real starter.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
I hate starter alternator! the starter spins ten rotations and the motor does half of a revolution. the loader is off of that one and on my 12G. this has a real starter.
Sounds like the belt is just slipping? My MTD would do that now and then and just tightening the belt would solve it 'till the belt stretched more. I'm cheap and try to use belts 'till they break!

DAC

Reactions: Sawdust
1 - 15 of 15 Posts