Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am a new member and have just found my first MF 12 Hydro. I am planning to restore but I was trying to find the year it was made. I pulled the tractor out of a barn and saved it from the scrap yard. I am also trying to locate the shroud cover and fender covers that are below the seat.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,019 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure the guys will be looking for more info from you about this. But they'll be along!

Reactions: Massey81

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Welcome to GTT glad you saved it. It looks like a nice find. Make sure you take a lot of pics, I have over 100 of mine as I took it apart mainly because I knew it would be awhile before I started to put it back together...it's a memory thing. Here is my rebuild.

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/24461-mf-12-rebirthed/

Reactions: Massey81

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Welcome to GTT! So glad you decided to save one, Hope you have success with it. I may well have a shroud cover for you, I need to check and see if it is off a hh12 or from my MF 8 that bit the dust.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Hi there.

Welcome to GTT.

I have a couple parts MF12h sitting around, so if you maybe

need something else, let me know. Keep in mind, shipping

large parts from Canada is crazy expensive, but if you're

not in a huge rush, we have ways to get things down there

reasonably.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No was just using a number that I used alot. I do have a 1964 JD 2010, Massey Ferguson GC2400 and Massey Ferguson 2605. This is my first garden tractor restoration.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
Great save! I don't understand why so many folks think that scrapping is the best way to recycle. The best way is to keep fixing and using them rather than scrapping and sending the remains to china. At least there are some scrap yards out there that hold on to them long enough to get parts to keep other ones going.

DAC

1 - 16 of 16 Posts