Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
add two more paddles, if that's what they are called, to the thrower, and if you did, did it help ? Let me know what you all think, good, bad or otherwise. My own idea, never seen it done before. Noel

Made a paper template, made two paddles, fitted them, welded them on, painted them, then clear coat all of the thrower, plus chute today.

Some may say, I have to much time on my hands !!!

Attachments

·
1,087 Posts
Looks good, I think your going to have to drive twice as fast now. Lol. No clue if it will help or not. Sure looks good thou

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
Why , I did it, was because, I read some where, that it takes less hp with more paddles, this is on a blower. On older Airens walk behind and garden tractor blowers, they had six paddles on the impeller. !!! So, I wondered if this would change things on a thrower. We will see. No snow here yet, yahoo. If keep building and modifing, maybe the snow will stay away. Noel

Attachments

Reactions: limebuzz and shorty

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just was posting with someone who has done several mods on the augers and he says they are more functional now. You could do a search and look for the post, he has been doing this for a few years and has good Intel on what works and doesn't. Always nice to have someone else that has already worked out some of the kinks. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
If this makes a difference, I may do the same thing to my number 49 JD thrower. Same amount of snow going in, two more paddles throwing it out !! Noel.

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far it's worked great, only two very wet snow storms so far, but worked good. Was thinking last year to put a 10hp motor on and take the 8hp motor off. The two extra paddles seem to relief the need for extra hp. Will know more as we get normal snow.

Noel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts