Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tractorholic
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my son got the bug. He dragged this MF 12 home last night. It is supposed to run. The hood says Hydro Drive on it but it is a gear drive. He got a ton of parts with it including another set of wheels and tires, a spare motor, snow blower and other parts. The sheet metal looks good and the only thing I see missing is the belt cover on the mower deck. $400.00 He says he got a deal, wait till he finds out how much it is going to cost to restore it. Ha!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,159 Posts
It has potential! Gonna need a bigger shed, as I see the herd is growing!

·
Tractorholic
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone remember who sells those nose cones? I bought one but can't find out where.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Nice Massey and think he did alright considering all the parts

He should have lots of fun with it

Love the looks of these Massey's

Guess that's why I have 3 MF 14's

Sorry to inform the hijackers about the bezels

Here is where the plastc bezels are sold

http://www.gtreproductions.us/parts.html

I'm trying to find the guy I bought this one from

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

It is a repro cast aluminum, needs fine tuning and holes drilled for mounting

I was hoping to get a few this year but no luck

Hope to run in him again and will buy a fair amount of them to offer on here

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are there many garden tillers around for the MF 12. Where would be a good place to look? What is fair price for them? I understand the sleeve hitch is very hard to find.

·
370 Posts
The sleeve hitch you can make yourself there are directions listed in the manual section for the Massey tractors. With that being a hydro the rod that goes from the lift handle to the back is different than the gear tractors but the manual had dimensions for both. I made one last year for my MF12 . The garden tillers seem to be getting harder to find for the 10's and 12's around IA, keep and eye out on craigslist. The only time I have seen them is at auctions but still attached to the tractor. I was able to finally purchase one in a package deal with a MF10 I bought at auction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts