Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew up my MF-14 motor, rebuilt it all and got it back together the other day, and of course the new flywheel I ordered does not mate with the driveshaft. The holes are a little smaller (5/16ths instead of 3/8) and farther apart.

Does anyone know where I can find a k321 flywheel that has the correct hole pattern?

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
I'm not aware of any list like that.

You could do a major search in partstree.com

You'll need the spec# off the K321S. Going by memory, I think

it's 60150d, but check yours.

That'll give you the kohler part # of the flywheel you need.

I've gotta ask, what happened to the old one?

I believe the new one you got is for the K321AQS engine. It'll also

have a different # of teeth than your original.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Looks like they don't show parts there anymore, if they're not available.

But interestingly, now they show which other machines use the same part.

That doesn't help much in this case.

Here is the parts manual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the teeth mesh with my starter fine, the holes are just the wrong size. Thanks for the info on searching for the spec number, it is a 60150d. that'll help me avoid making the same mistake again.

the old one got a crack in the keyway when the motor seized up. From everything i've read, repairing cracked flywheels isn't an option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about having someone that can weld (or braze) cast iron fill in the holes and then drill / tap new ones?

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
I see. Been a while since I had mine apart.

I can't see why it can't be brazed and drilled/tapped, but

best get an opinion from a welding shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got another one on ebay, the spec number he posted has the same replacement part # as my spec number, so hopefully it's a match.

If not, i'll definitely take you up on your offer jmevt. Side note, could you spare a pair of front steering spindles and wheels?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure if the gas tank is any good. The parts tractor was sitting for at least 7 years, probably more without being run. At the very least the tank will need to be acid cleaned on the inside. Will be a few days before I get out there, in the middle of a huge job on my wifes car right now. Jay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts