Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have started to restore a massey ferguson 14, and need some info on the pulley that sits in front of the motor. The motor has been replaced to a two cylinder 17 hp motor by a previous owner, and the original pulley wasn't there when i bought the tractor. So i need to know the diameter of the pulley so i can get a new one.

·
Super Moderator
54,355 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the forum! Should be someone along soon to help you out! Post some pics, it's rather easy. Just check the link in my signature!

Reactions: OT3690

·
Super Moderator
54,355 Posts
Looks like you are missing the PTO clutch assembly. What size is that shaft out of the engine?

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Tractor looks good :thumbs:

The pulley you speak of is part of the PTO electric clutch. Only 1 pulley engages with the clutch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some more pics of the restoration.

How does the pto clutch looks like? The Electric switch was in the dash but the wiring was been cut right behind, so i couldn't find out where the cables was going.
I have ordered some books for the tractor on ebay but haven't got them yet. The shaft is: 28.5mm or 1 1/8 inch

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,355 Posts
Here are some more pics of the restoration.

How does the pto clutch looks like? The Electric switch was in the dash but the wiring was been cut right behind, so i couldn't find out where the cables was going.
I have ordered some books for the tractor on ebay but haven't got them yet. The shaft is: 28.5mm or 1 1/8 inch
We have quite a few here!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello. I have now figured out how the pto clutch looks like. It's really handy with some manuals. I just have to see if i can order the pto clutch on ebay or somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
54,355 Posts
You might try some of the sponsors here! They might have what you need!

Reactions: OT3690

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Any pics of the mounts to make that 17 fit? I was curious on what kinda mods it took to wedge it in there. I have a 14 I have yet to start on and would consider dropping a big twin in it.

Eric

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have to cut away a little bit on 1 side of the grill to get it far enough back so that the bolt holes fit. Other than that, it looks like they've added some iron to mount the engine on.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes it is. I will try to get it out of the hole in the frame next time i'm gonna change the oil.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts