Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the tractor yet, but from what pictures I've seen it looks like it's cracked.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
The one your looking at is in pretty bad shape but possibly repaired. They have a nice frame & spokes inside of what your looking at if it's not rusted too bad. Mine has cracks near the center hub area & some of the advice here was to use epoxy or JB weld. I haven't done that yet but will definitely take their advice when I get to that.

Reactions: Gabriel

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Think one of the more harder to find items. Lots of Massey stuff on epay, keep looking there. Joes outdoor power seems to knock them down alot, ask up there. Think he is sponsor here? Getting old wheels off is hardest part. Sometimes better to leave shaft and dash together and work around the issues when painting and such. Pretty good Yahoo group for them too. I once had one and rebuilt it, but now sold.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello,

I'm just wondering, did any other brand (Cub Cadet, John Deere, etc.) use the same steering wheel that this one has? Maybe someone makes a new one for those brands that would fit this one? I know mine can be fixed, but I though if possible, it would be nice to go the "easy" route and buy a new one.

·
JMC fan
325 Posts
Try this: http://www.steinertractor.com/IHS860-serviceable-steering-wheel-16-covered-spokes

It says that this wheel fits Cab Cadet so I imagine it would fit a Massey also. I also have an MF14 with the same wheel. It has some cracking but it isn't bad enough to need replacement yet and I think it is around 15". Just make sure to check the specs and count the splines on the steering shaft. I think older Case GTs used this wheel also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts