Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Riding mower Plant Vehicle

This is my 1450 pulling a small log out of the woods. It pulled oak saw logs up 30" x 8' 6". I made a special pivot unit on the back of the tractor. You have to balance it with enough weight to help traction but not so much as to make the front end light. I pulled over 80 saw logs out with it this summer

Attachments

·
4,482 Posts
You are definitively making her pay her way. Looking good with PTO and 3 point.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
That looks good and obviously it does the job for you. Just wondering how you get the logs onto the trailer.

·
4,482 Posts
MH81 said:
Isn't it obvious? He stands the trailer up and ties it to the tree, then he cuts the tree down...

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D
:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JDBrian said:
That looks good and obviously it does the job for you. Just wondering how you get the logs onto the trailer.
I have three 2 x 4's x 8" that I have a 1/2 bolt through at the top reinforced with 1/8 plate for the first 6 inches. I stand them up in a tripod over the log. Then I take small log chain around the log and use a come-along from the log to the top of the tripod bolt and lift the log up. I then roll the trailer under the log and use binders to hold it. I also set the log on the special hitch I built for the 3 point. My son was just riding up to the sa log pile. If that doesn't help the next time I pull a log I'll take some pictures and post them. That little 14 hp tractor doesn't know when to quit. If it doesn't pull it'll spin. I've gotten every log up and out with the set-up and the land isn't flat. Campy

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
MH81 said:
Isn't it obvious? He stands the trailer up and ties it to the tree, then he cuts the tree down...

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D
:bigrofl::bigrofl:

Ya, but how does he get the trailer up to the top of the tree?

Nice setup, and well done. That's alot of saw logs. What are your plans for them?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
An action video would be super! Pics too mind ya!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts