Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a MF1450 and the kohler 14 was not in it. The previous owner was going to do a KT19 re-power but lost interest when he found out how much work was involved. Long story short I got the 19 installed and am missing the front pto clutch and pulley. I do however have the pto for the 14 but the shaft diameter is different... My question is; do the kt 17 and kt 19 share a common pto size? does anybod have a pto for sale?
Thanks for any input on my dilema. Eric

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Like Mike said a lot of guys do the sleeve bushing to make up the size difference. If the pto is smaller then the shaft you might be able to get it bored/reamed to fit.

Reactions: bigge61

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pto I have is smaller in diameter than the shaft... I will look into having the pulley machined out. Thanks for the input, I didn't even think about that option.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
bigge61 said:
The pto I have is smaller in diameter than the shaft... I will look into having the pulley machined out. Thanks for the input, I didn't even think about that option.
Most pto's have plenty of meat where it could be machined to fit the larger shaft. I have never done it before or had to I should say. I don't think it would be too expensive either. You will have to get the keyway machined a little deeper to match the new bore or make sure it matches the same size key the engine shaft uses.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
The PTO pulleys have a bearing for their centers. You might be able to just find a bearing to fit the pulley & crank, but the plate that is keyed to the shaft would have to be machined out, & I don't think most have enough metal to where you could bore them out. Likely you will need to find a clutch assembly for this crank size & particular engine.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
olcowhand said:
The PTO pulleys have a bearing for their centers. You might be able to just find a bearing to fit the pulley & crank, but the plate that is keyed to the shaft would have to be machined out, & I don't think most have enough metal to where you could bore them out. Likely you will need to find a clutch assembly for this crank size & particular engine.
I knew someone could provide more/better info then I could. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.