Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The splines are worn offf pto driveshaft!. Need resources to locate a new one!. Does anyone duplicate the old one and machine a new one?. Please reply. Thanks, Garoyl

·
1,087 Posts
There is a place in Cambridge Ontario Canada that will Build a new shaft. But your better off just buying a chunk of 3/4 piece of stock and build new pulleys. Way cheaper than getting one made. Or just buy a parts tractor. Lol. Ask our site sponsors Joe sometimes has them I think. Good luck

·
74 Posts
Sorry, to miss on your 1650 worn PTO splines. If your are talking about the upper PTO drive shaft. What you can use instead is 3/4 or 1 inch shafting with a 1/4 keyway . And for the sheaves, I used cast iron double groove. Works great on 2M MF GT'S 1650 with 3PT hitch and rear PTO.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
Sorry, to miss on your 1650 worn PTO splines. If your are talking about the upper PTO drive shaft. What you can use instead is 3/4 or 1 inch shafting with a 1/4 keyway . And for the sheaves, I used cast iron double groove. Works great on 2M MF GT'S 1650 with 3PT hitch and rear PTO.
I did the same on a m1650. Welded a section of 1/4" keyed shaft to the rear half of the original shaft, as the rear section still had great splines. A cast double groove pulley on the front. Member "Craig" has had the tractor for quite a few years now, and it's still working fine, and he uses the rear pto often.

·
4,473 Posts
I have found that you should use tube for the main part of the shaft and weld in stubs on the end to prevent the shaft from wobbling at high speed.

Reactions: limebuzz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts