Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this set up before in this cab but after putting the loader on I never got around to changing it to blow heat into the cab.The problem was that where I had the blower sitting and the hose's running I couldn't do it anymore due to the hyd.tank and pump being in the way .So I got busy today and repositioned the blower to a different spot and routed the hose's different.It now will be blowing hot air from the motor into the cab.:madhop:I had to make sure that the tire wouldn't ever rub on the bloweras well. It used to be warm enough to take mitts and touque off.The blower is out of a Dodge Volaire station wagon that had heat in the back.Larry

Attachments

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Good idea Larry.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Larry, you are a very busy tractor nut. I would love to have a heated cab but we don't get enough of the white stuff to really justify it. Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here when it gets -30 c and there's a North wind blowing you need some kinda protection from the wind and some extra heat is always welcomed.Larry

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
With the exception of last years deluge of snow, we don't usually get enough to warrant such an undertaking, but that's a fine piece of work! I hope that it serves you well!

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Very nice job. It'll get a work out soon.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't have the tractor anymore but when I was using it I never noticed any fumes. The cab wasn't close to being air tight so there was always fresh air coming in. The other thing was that for winter use I did have a exhaust stack so I never got any exhaust fume smell.

Reactions: limebuzz
1 - 16 of 16 Posts