Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched about everywhere I could think of including here but I never found what I am looking for. As always, when I'm searching for myself I cannot find.

On to the question, does anyone has the specifications of the 1655? If available I would also like specifications of similar MF tractors (1650, 1855). Particularly I am interested in the length, width, height and weight of those, without attachments. You guessed right if you think I am wondering about moving those tractors in a trailer.

Thank you in advance!

·
4,473 Posts
I can not give you the exact wheel bases but the 50 series is 6" shorter that the 55 series. Check our manuals section, I would think it is listed in the service manual.
I'll do some measurement when I get Home.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
I'll see if I can get in to where I have my 1655 stored,and get some measurements.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
According to the 1855 operator manual WB=52" Length=78" Width=45.5" Height 48" Weight 860lbs

·
Tractorholic
1,564 Posts
Snapper/Massey Ferguson 1650

Chassis:
Wheelbase: 47 inches
Length (Overall): 70 3/4 inches
Width: 41 1/2 inches
Heitht (Over Steering Wheel): 45 1/2 inches
Ground Clearance (at Rear Axle): 8 inches
Front Wheel Tread: 29 inches
Rear Wheel Tread: 30 1/2 inches
Drawbar Height: 8 1/4 inches

Hope this helps.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
JDBrian said:
According to the 1855 operator manual WB=52" Length=78" Width=45.5" Height 48" Weight 860lbs
Yes,that is what mine is. The weight I can't confirm,but it looks about right.

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good thanks guys!

Given that I assume I can tow a 1655 without attachments in a 4'x8' trailer with a 1200lbs axle behind a normal car ('94 Honda Accord).

(I know, I won't take you responsible in anyway if I have problems. I will be cautious if I ever do that)

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
MacWorld said:
Good thanks guys!

Given that I assume I can tow a 1655 without attachments in a 4'x8' trailer with a 1200lbs axle behind a normal car ('94 Honda Accord).

(I know, I won't take you responsible in anyway if I have problems. I will be cautious if I ever do that)
Yes, it'll fit that trailer fine. BUT, as you already know, be very cautious & give plenty following distance & start slowing down real early before stops or turns. It will push you with all 4 wheels locked! I was just towing a fairly light 5x9 trailer loaded with a Bush Hog D4-10 (no attachments) with my Jeep Grand Cherokee when I came upon a stop after an unfamiliar curve. Liked to not have stopped! As I said, I know you already know to be careful, but I had to say this just the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts