·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I started on the deck today.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Thanks for sharing that video with us. That deck looks in reasonably good condition to start with.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The deck is very straight for its age, the spindles will have to be rebuilt, I will have to replace the pullies I bent two of them trying to pull them, but at least they are all the same.

I need. Find a machine shop to make some bushings for the rear roller. I am thinking some hardened bushing stock would be the thing to use

·
123 Posts
Thanks for the video. Looking forward to how it turns out. I just took mine apart last weekend for general cleaning and to scope things out. So far no issues.

·
82 Posts
Definitely keep your videos coming. I enjoyed looking at your videos on restoring the MF 10. I have been trying to get the pulleys off of my 610 deck and have not had much luck. I have used PB Blaster, heat and a gear puller. One pulley is half way off the shaft but will go no further. I tried a second one and I have yet to get it to move.

Any suggestions?

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will wind up cutting the pullies off, and I will have to cut the bolts that hold the spindles on as well.

Reactions: philips100

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
I will wind up cutting the pullies off, and I will have to cut the bolts that hold the spindles on as well.
I did the same, when I did my 610 deck. Much easier, than heating and beating. I then bought blank pulleys, and weld in hubs.
Seemed to be the cheapest way to go.

Thanks for the video.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
I did the same, when I did my 610 deck. Much easier, than heating and beating. I then bought blank pulleys, and weld in hubs.
Seemed to be the cheapest way to go.

Thanks for the video.
Yes,I've done it that way before.Sometimes it is easier than beating on them.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I plan to go to one of those Industrial Supply Stores, they sell bearings, seals, pullies, and other type stuff.

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
TSC has a few. Just have to watch shaft size, could be metric like my Ford mower.

·
20 Posts
Sten's parts has pulleys. My dad rebuilt 4 mower decks,and I've rebuilt one,but never seem to use it,also have 3 more that need rebuilt, just come across another one last week at the junk yard.

·
129 Posts
The spindle pulleys on the 610 mower are the same as the pair on the PTO mule drive/jack shaft assembly on the MF10 and MF12. They come up on ebay quite often for about $35 per pair- sometimes less if you are lucky.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It also seems that the pullies on the right angle gearbox are the same as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts