Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tractorholic
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wheel weights for an MF 7, which I've always mounted with lengths of threaded rod into the hub, lug nuts to hold the wheel, then the weight and then lock washers and nuts. Recently an old massey dealer, told me that a special male/female lug bolt was used to hold the wheel to the hub, then the weight and then the original wheel lug bolt was threaded in. Sure enough, I found what he was describing in the parts book, but it's long been discontinued. Would anyone have a picture of the lug bolt he described? Thanks.

·
Tractorholic
150 Posts
I have what your looking for I think, I'll run to the shop and snap a pic for you

·
Tractorholic
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the pictures. These look like you can keep them in when you take off the weights in spring. I think I could fabricate something like that out of threaded rod couplings (if I can get them in grade 5 or better steel), I would need to turn the side facing the wheel hub to bevel the end.

·
Tractorholic
150 Posts
Can definitely keep them in, i just took the weights of for the resto I'm starting, otherwise they have always been on the tractor

·
Tractorholic
1,564 Posts
If you don't have a way to turn down the ends of the couplings, you might consider TIG welding lug bolts to the couplings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts