Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
I have an 8 that needed brake pads and I went to a bicycle shop and got disc brake pads that were about the correct size. I JB welded the pad to the carrier on the 8 and they seem to work fine but I'm not sure on how durable the JBweld will be. Given that the brake disc is geared up from the wheel the torque required to stop it shouldn't be as large as at the wheel. i just went to a bike shop and asked to see some replacement disc pads. I picked the ones that were about the same size as the 8 OE pads.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
I have an 8 that needed brake pads and I went to a bicycle shop and got disc brake pads that were about the correct size. I JB welded the pad to the carrier on the 8 and they seem to work fine but I'm not sure on how durable the JBweld will be. Given that the brake disc is geared up from the wheel the torque required to stop it shouldn't be as large as at the wheel. i just went to a bike shop and asked to see some replacement disc pads. I picked the ones that were about the same size as the 8 OE pads.
Good idea Brian. Please let us know how they work out for you, once

you're up and running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts