Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :wave:
Here is a couple of pics of my 7
I got it from a friend for Free and it ran. :bounce:
The people that had it before him had chopped the hood up to make room for the 11 hp mot. you see on it now. I decided I needed a good project so I striped it down and started from scratch. I am also building a FEL for it but waiting on funds for the hydraulics right now. I hope this doesnt make any one mad that I did this to a Massey. Thanks RD
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Here is a couple before and current. I have a friend that is making the last piece of the hood for me because I dont have any way to bend sheet metal.

Attachments

·
4,482 Posts
That,s turning into 1 tough looking tractor.
Can not wait to see the loader on it.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Thanks Ducky. Here is a pic of the loader so far. I started on it first but stopped when I got to the point of needing cylinders. I am getting a couple of them this week but wont know if they will work till I get them and see.

Attachments

G

·
What are you using for poer, electric actuators or hydraulics, How ill you derive enough electric power from the motor, or how will you hook up a hydraulic bump. Just wondering

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big Bill I will not cut the grill if I can keep from it. Once I get a pump in hand I will do some figuring to make it work, but If cutting the grill is the only option I will do so. Thanks RD

·
Tractorholic
1,509 Posts
Dennisro said:
I am also toying with the idea of making this a norrow front end.. Does anyone have any imput as to how well that will do with the FEL.
I dont think thats a good idea. I have never ran one but a tricycle front end with a loader sounds like a good way to tip a tractor.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Your comin' right along.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No i havent got a pump yet. Still wondering what size I will need. I dont think I will need a very big one for what I am doing. I was thinking around a 6 gpm. If anyone has any input or ideas I would take all the help I can get. Thanks RD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts