Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! I'm fixing a mf 7 hydro and the cable to operate the hydrostatic transmision is all ture up. I was wondering if anyone had one that they would sell me or if anyone one knew where i can find one.

Thanks in advance,

Collin

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
If you can't find a used one have a look on Agcopartsbooks.com and see if they still list the part as available. You could also contact any MF or Agco dealer.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked on ebay they didn't have any i will call my local agco dealer tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone had any.

Thanks, Collin

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Looks like there's 2 different cables used on the MF7, one of them is the same # used on the MF8Hydra.

AGCO parts book say for the MF7 to use a 3rd # in place of both of the other #s.

Not sure why or what the difference is.

What is wrong with the cable you have?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like there's 2 different cables used on the MF7, one of them is the same # used on the MF8Hydra.

AGCO parts book say for the MF7 to use a 3rd # in place of both of the other #s.

Not sure why or what the difference is.

What is wrong with the cable you have?
Well, My cable I have the outer protection layer is off and all the little metal strings are out and snapped or broken.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
How about trying to somehow ??? adapt a parking brake cable off of a PU truck. ???

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It might be possible to adapt something to the job. I'd still check with Agco to see how much that factory part will cost. If it's reasonable then it may just be easier to get the correct part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts