Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I want a massey gt, have been looking for awhile. the other day I got a line on one here locally, talked to the guy today about it. He says it is a good running complete tractor, 8hp Tecumseh engine with a hydrostatic drive. He wants $250 for just the tractor, sorry no pics at the moment.

I am just looking for some info, is this a good price for a machine without any attachments? He says it is rare due to the hydrostatic? What should I be looking for or asking about? I am thinking I will go down next weekend to have a look.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
As most of you know I want a massey gt, have been looking for awhile. the other day I got a line on one here locally, talked to the guy today about it. He says it is a good running complete tractor, 8hp Tecumseh engine with a hydrostatic drive. He wants $250 for just the tractor, sorry no pics at the moment.
I am just looking for some info, is this a good price for a machine without any attachments? He says it is rare due to the hydrostatic? What should I be looking for or asking about? I am thinking I will go down next weekend to have a look.
Hard to say, without any pictures.
Those hydra 8s are hard to come by.
If they're hard to come by, it's probably not a bad price. Running is a plus.

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
I would say its a reasonable price. To bad it has no deck. You can always try to beat him down in price. Noel

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
If it really is in good shape then 250 isn't out of range. I've seen a few hydros here. Probably 1 hydro for every 3 manual trans 8's so they are harder to come by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts