Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have a MF 8 hydra speed lawn tractor that I bought used earlier this year. I've had minimal issues that I've been able to figure out myself. But sadly today after shifting to turn the blades on and than turning them off. I noticed the blades shifter wasn't the same, it was A LOT easier to push the knob but now the blades weren't spinning properly. I than turned off the mower and noticed a spring on the mower deck. I than took the side panel off and noticed the flywheel that after you engage the shifter the belt will than grab it. It only has 1 spring attached to it in the front, I'm assuming that the spring on the rear side would than not allow the flywheel to move and to keep it in one position. Sadly that spring I believe is in my hand. I've attached photos to show the spring and what flywheel I was talking about.

If anyone knows where it is actually suppose to attach to I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Welcome to GTT. As was said earlier, download the manuals from our Manuals Section. The parts manual will probably show where the spring goes. That spring looks to be stretched and broken. Some hardware stores have assortments of springs. You may be able to find a match there. Good Luck, Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts