Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some direction . . .

I would like to find the wiring diagram for this above mentioned engine. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It's a pretty simple setup. I also have an MF8 that I am restoring. Good luck getting it sorted out.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your assistance . . . I was looking in the manuals section of this site but was under the engine not the tractor . . . "silly" me!!!!

This issues that this MF8 has been giving us is unbelievable . . . but we keep trying!

·
Super Moderator
54,355 Posts
Welcome to the forum, CdnSnowWhite! Good luck on the MF 8!

·
Tractorholic
492 Posts
When we were a Massey dealer we sold a lot of MF7 and MF8's, they were great little machines. Hope you get it working. One of the most important things on a Tech is to get the points set JUST right. We use to use a dial indicator to get them right. I don't remember the whole process but the manual tells you how. I don't know why they were so picky but they were.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the points. I'm just about to start reassembling my engine. These little tractors are very well built. It is a lot harder to deal with the points on these then a k series kohler for instance where the points are easily accessable and there's a timing mark on the flywheel. If you mess up the timing on one of these little tec's you have to remove the flywheel to redo it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts