Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't stand looking at all those loose parts hanging around and did a partial assembly of the executive. At least i can roll it around this way. The previous owner is supposed to be finding the original wheels but i feel that I'll never see him or them again. The J.D. wheels and seat were on the shelf begging to be used. For now they will fill a purpose. Here's some Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Vehicle pics. Rick

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Love it when they start to go back together! Do you know if the wheels are the same Massey wheels on the newer 10/12 line? If you need measurements, I have some wheels off that could be checked.

Man, that frame looks so tiny with the wheels on it.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Looks good. The frame is very narrow on the executives isn't it. The rear end looks strong on those. Were they rated for ground engaging implements?

·
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, Thanks for the positive comments. I have no idea what attachments were avaiable for the executive but the rear is very stout. The tires in the pictures are 23-10.50-12 and 4.10-3.50. The p.o. was supposed to bring me a pair of 26-12-12's. they would really dwarfed that tiny frame. I have set of 6-12 ags for the rear and 3.50-6 tri ribs for the front. But they won't be going on til the end of the resto. Thanks again. Rick

·
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IamSherwood said:
Rick, have you got any plans, or ideas lined up for new decals?
I have no definite plans at this time. I really haven't searched to find any decals. I have a "cousin in law" who makes decals but don't know if she is licensed for massey or not. And I don't have any originals for her to work from anyhow. If you have any ideas or sources i would be glad to know. Thanks Rick

·
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mounted and swapped out the tires that will be used in the final assembly. I'll probably use a smaller seat than this one. I would like to move the seat and spring back about 4 inches to accomadate my long legs,but that would mean altering the fender /box assembly. Since these pictures were taken I sandblasted the fenders, welded the cracks, and "persuaded" the contours to match side to side. I really don't want to alter it now. Plan on having some more re-assembly done by mid-week and will post more pictures later. Rick

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tread

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Awesome look, though I am partial! The change in style that a set of AG's and narrow tri-ribs make on a tractor is amazing! It's really looking good now, Rick!

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Looks really good with AGs. What make are they? I take it the rims are 6" wide?
Going to take pictures of the decals required for the execs today, and get them to my decal guy, and see
what he has to say. I'll let you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts