Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Tractorholic
626 Posts
My oh my the things I find myself doing some days. Spent some time constructing this gem. Actually had it mostly complete a while back but forgot about it. Spent some time today completing it. Thought I would share.
It's basically a more elaborate version of the sticky here, including more models and P/N's. I'm still double checking everything so if anything jumps out at you let me know. Or if you have an addition to make???

I've included Belts for MF7 thru 1855, as well as filters, and spark plugs.

https://sites.google.com/site/mac102004/ :D

Enjoy! Merry Christmas folks!

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
Yes, very nice reference. So nice, I deleted my sticky on belt crosses, as this one is MUCH better!

·
4,473 Posts
Daniel
Would it be possible to keep both? I remember you had some actual belt dimensions on yours that are not on this one.

·
32,407 Posts
Unless George knows how to retrieve them, I completely deleted them. But the Gates belt numbers will tell the dimensions when googled.

·
4,473 Posts
That will work Daniel.
Thanks!

·
32,407 Posts
mac102004 said:
Try this from the other MF belt sticky.

Massey Ferguson Ag Belt Sizes

I'm going to try to add the sizes to mine next chance I have.
I was sure there was also one with dimensions! Mine was not nearly as nice & easy to read as either, so it just had to go!

·
Tractorholic
1,711 Posts
The 250005 NAPA number is correct for the 54inch deck. Just bought one, $33.38 including shipping.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone used the PIX belts with listed on Ebay "
WRAPPED KEVLAR BELT REPLACES MASSEY FERGUSON 515383M1

WRAPPED KEVLAR BELT REPLACES MASSEY FERGUSON 515382M1

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks like the cross reference for the Deck Blade Timing Belt for a 48 inch deck on the MF1450 is incorrect. The gates number listed is 6385. The width on a 6385 belt is only about half the width of the correct belt.

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Looks like the cross reference for the Deck Blade Timing Belt for a 48 inch deck on the MF1450 is incorrect. The gates number listed is 6385. The width on a 6385 belt is only about 20% as wide as the correct belt.
Thats the problem with using Auto stores and Gates cross referencing, its usually a crap shoot and they just list the closest size which may be the wrong width and length.

To be accurate you need to either get a genuine replacement or use an actual Lawn and Garden cross .

Do you have the part number for the belt you need I may be able to help you out get the right one or point you to someone who can

·
Registered
61 Posts
I actually found a set on e-bay that has the massey ferguson number. Just waiting on a quote for combined shipping.

·
32,407 Posts
I actually found a set on e-bay that has the massey ferguson number. Just waiting on a quote for combined shipping.
I also found some with the Massey OE number that had a 36" length.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
Thanks MAC, got 2 numbers for a front Vari-drive belt for my MF12G from your site. Now it's time to search to buy!

DAC

Reactions: mac102004
1 - 20 of 40 Posts