Garden Tractor Forums banner

MF power lift

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  DanP 
#1 ·
I need some help with a MF power lift. It is a electric, hydraulic unit that lifts the mower or other attachments. It was used on the MF 10 MF 12 MF1200 and Snapper 1250. I have all the parts I just am not sure how to wire it up. I have looked in the service manual and it doesn't help. The main problem I am trying to figure out is why they only use one solinoid. Is it only on the lift side where there would be a lot more current draw or what. If someone has one and can help me out on the wiring or if someone has a wiring diagram it would be a big help. I just spent a small fortune getting the motor rebuilt and I don't want to burn anything up. Here is a picture of what it looks like.

Font Schematic Parallel Rectangle Drawing

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I got this a while ago with a bunch of other parts for Massey GTs.
I think this is for the electric hyd. lift like what you have.
This is the way I got it and there are no other parts for it, no lift motor unit.

All the wires are the same gauge except for the red one on the small term on the solenoid.
The rotary switch is 3 position and spring loaded to return to the middle, UP-OFF-Down

I think the way this worked is the solenoid is turned on, power goes to the switch, then to the motor, up turns motor one way, down the other way.

Wood Saw Tool Gas Metal

Hat Wood Headgear Fawn Terrestrial animal

Attachments

#6 ·
Dan I couldn't help you at all on this but when you get everything figured out please post it on how it powers Up/Down using one solinoid . Thanks Al

#7 ·
Doug, can you run a continuity test on the wires and make a schematic from that? It would show where each wire is going then.

#8 ·
DanP said:
That is what I am looking for could you draw out the wiring diagram for me. Thanks I would even be interested in it if you want to sell it.
KennyP said:
Doug, can you run a continuity test on the wires and make a schematic from that? It would show where each wire is going then.
I'll get a drawing posted later tonight.

#9 ·
Here's a diagram of what I have.
All the wires are the same gauge except the small red one off of the solenoid.

I think the way it worked was that + 12volts from the key switch or a separate switch turns the solenoid on.
Then by turning the Rotary switch one way or the other the lift motor turns one way or the other (raises or lowers)
Handwriting Rectangle Font Whiteboard Material property

Attachments

#11 ·
Thanks Doug for the wiring dig. and explanation ,you made it easy to understand how it's powered up , Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.