Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
Sorry i haven't gotton around to get a new thread started for this thing, It's been a busy week.

For those that don't know a week ago i found this on craigslist not too far from me and with the help of some other members i decided to buy it.

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Locking hubs Gas

looking it over i have found the bearings to be smooth but tight so for use they should be replaced. the pully has a very slight wobble but nothing i would worry about.... and the tension pully is junk. other wise it it complete without too much rust damage.

I paid $50 and spent about 2 and 1/2 hours getting it.

and sorry for the small pics.... i'm still trying to figured out how that happened?.....

Attachments

Reactions: mikebramel

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MH81 said:
:ditto: Very much so, how is the tension pulley junk? It looks pretty good in those pics.
It's locked up pretty tight i don't think penetrating lube will help any. it looks like a common enough pully too.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts

Attachments

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i should have explained more. the big pully is fine, but the small iderler is junk. the bearing inside it must be crap. I dont think it would be hard to find one that size either.... But Will, i like your idea, i would have never thought of that, thanks for showing.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
You did good on the deal Stoneman. Never seen one sell near me.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Stoneman said:
sorry i should have explained more. the big pully is fine, but the small iderler is junk. the bearing inside it must be crap. I dont think it would be hard to find one that size either.... But Will, i like your idea, i would have never thought of that, thanks for showing.
I realized after the fact, that you where talking about the idler. I guess I was fixated on the big one that would be a hard find, and have a keyed
hub. My mistake.

What are the dimensions of the one you need?

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the diameter is about 3 inches? i'm pretty sure i have a spare laying around.... If not i know my local store carries a similar one. (just apply massey red) LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts