Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, it's been a long summer. A few weeks back at was at the fair in Centerville, MI, there was an antique tractor display with old GT's so I went to have a look. There was this little 70's-80's Ford factory 4x4, it appeared to be garden tractor sized, can't remember what it was. The front axle drive mechanism had what appeared to be the same worm drive Massey Ferguson had on the 650 tiller. I think that drive is used on my grandpa's monkey ward 2 stage snow blower too. The wheels are turning in my mind. Anybody know a cheap source for that worm drive box?

I have to build two 12 hydras into one and will have an extra body and frame left over to fool around with, I was thinking of narrowing an old GM HO72 full float rear axle and using it in the rear and making the front axle similar to the Ford I saw. Or GM HO33 rear made steer axle with dana 44 outer knuckles. The transfer case could possibly be fashioned from an extra hydra or gear transaxle 1/4 turned in the chassis. Things would have to be heavily modded to make them work together but, that's half the fun.

Suzuki samuari axles could be made to fit too:smile1:

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Twas a Ford he saw Maynard. Seems like I've seen a Ford like you speak of.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
There I go again,not reading the whole post.:blush2:You'd think I'd learn.:D

Reactions: Banjopicker10

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
That is small,but Kubota makes smaller ones.

·
Tractorholic
1,509 Posts
MF10 DIESEL said:
that sure looks like what I saw. They are the smallest 4x4 tractor I've ever seen. More information would be helpful.
I just did a google search to find the picture. I had an idea of what model you might have seen.

here is some more info. TractorData.com Ford 1100 tractor information

·
Tractorholic
399 Posts
massey had a small 4x4 garden tractor......its somewhat identical to the ford above.......the massey model numbers were 1010 and 1020. they were available with 54 and 60 inch mid mount mower decks. I'm guessing someone else built these tractors for ford and massey....they all look similar......maybe yanmar????

G

·
Luke said:
massey had a small 4x4 garden tractor......its somewhat identical to the ford above.......the massey model numbers were 1010 and 1020. they were available with 54 and 60 inch mid mount mower decks. I'm guessing someone else built these tractors for ford and massey....they all look similar......maybe yanmar????
Hinomoto made them

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
There is another 4x4 converted Cub Cadet that I have seen somewhere on line.I'll see if I can find the pics.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Here are those pics.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Luke said:
Big Bill said:
Hinomoto made them
Yep, I have a 1010, but a 2WD model. They were built by Hinomoto, but have "Toyosha" diesel engines...another unknown name to many.

G

·
Luke said:
Who the hell is Hinomoto???? They still produce tractors?
Hinomoto is the name of tractors produced by the Toyosha Company of Japan, which has produced over 70 tractor models from sub compact to small utility. They made Massey tractors during the early to mid 80's. Very surprised you haven't seen them.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
There is a lot of cool info in this thread.

I would love to have a 4x4 tractor.

·
Tractorholic
399 Posts
Yeah, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of them also! From my understanding talking to a fuel injection repair shop guy he told me the engines weren't very durable and hard/expensive to buy/get parts for? Never had any experience with them......is he right? A MF 1020 with 4wd and 60" mid mount mower would be a awesome machine!! Possibly a better buy then a 1655/1855 for what your getting also!? Luke

1 - 20 of 30 Posts