Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
This is a muffler I put on my MF10 about 3or4yrs ago, it's a Cub Cadet muffler made for 12hp Kohler K series singles. Easy to get and mount.

Bicycle part Tool Auto part Font Cylinder

I used some threaded pipe to position the muffler, cut off the bracket that was on it and added a support underneath. I find it quieter than the pepper top mufflers. You could also come straight off the block with a short piece of pipe and mount the muffler pointing up.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Automotive design

Sound test. You can hear the suitcase weights I have on the back of the tractor rattling.

edit fixed pictures

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
On my 12 it still had the original muffler , but was rusted out some. It also had the chrome cover guard on it. I like the up mufflers with a rain cap, so I changed mine to that. Looks good and sounds very good when the engine is under some load, Noel.

Reactions: Bubbaj2 and DH1

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
That sounds good, nice solid sound. I bought a Bolens H16 back in the summer the PO put one of them on it. They are common & reasonably priced too. I will be putting my MF12 back together this spring & I was thinking of one of these too...glad I seen yours looks good too.

Reactions: DH1

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
MH could you do a 45 degree street elbow coming off the engine & a regular 45 at the muffler. You would have to experiment with the nipple in between to get the right distance out.

Reactions: DH1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts