Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a mf10/12 sleeve hitch for a fellow gttalk member and thought these pics would be helpful for him to get it mounted. I also thought they could be helpful to anyone wanting to build a hitch, it's easier for me to build something when I can visualize how it works. For these pics I mounted his hitch on an old stripped down mf10 frame. It would mount the same on a mf12g and also 12h (hydrastatic), although the 12h has a longer lift rod with a bend in it to clear the rear end. The red/rusty parts in the pics are original massey parts, everything else are copies I made using original parts as a pattern and mount exactly as the originals. Originally I believe they used hair pin style clips but I switched to cotter pins for the hitch mounting pins. I've had the hair pins fall out while plowing, luckily the connecting pin didn't fall out. It could cause major damage if a connecting pin fell out of one side while plowing.

DSC02693.JPG DSC02697.JPG DSC02695.JPG DSC02701.JPG DSC02696.JPG DSC02698.JPG DSC02700.JPG DSC02705.JPG DSC02707.JPG DSC02710.JPG DSC02716.JPG

Attachments

·
Live long and prosper
6,784 Posts
Great build and photographs. Thank you. :thumbs:

·
Always learning something!
1,284 Posts
Thanks a lot. Now, if my memory serves me correctly, you have one that fits the MF14 (or it's equivalent) but it was under snow. Any chance you could do a series on that one too? Thanks again.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Excellent work! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Great build and photos....Thanks!

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
Thanks a lot. Now, if my memory serves me correctly, you have one that fits the MF14 (or it's equivalent) but it was under snow. Any chance you could do a series on that one too? Thanks again.
The mf14/16 hitch is on my amf1014 which is put up for the winter behind a ford 2600, cultipacker/seeder.......well, a lot of stuff. When I get it dug out I'll try to post more info&pics. I hope to find the time to build another one this year for one of my mf14's and I'll definitely get some pics of the build.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts