Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
202 Posts
I am just curious if anyone has used the aftermarket (Ai?) varidrive belts. I have used the agco belts and was happy with thier performance. The cost is a bit much though. I have 3 tractors that need belts! So this is a major dent my wallet either way.

Looking for input guys as I need to buy these soon.

·
Tractorholic
1,182 Posts
I never tried the after market belts.I used the agco belts and as you said they put a dent in the wallet.I also have 3 10's that need belts.

·
82 Posts
I got my belts at O'Reily's over a year ago. I have had no problems with them. The long one was around $14. The short was more, $21 I think.

·
202 Posts
I am going to try the Ai aftermarket belts, mainly since they are the only company that dared to put masseys part number on the belts, which leads me to believe they didn't do the typical "oh this is close enough". Some research shows me they are a subsidiary company of PIX, an american belt manufacturer. Tired of, put your neighbor out of work china trash, so I hope I am at least buying an american made product.

Bought them online for 66% of AGCO price so I essentially got 1 set for free. Still was just a little shy of $200 for 3 sets! Hopefully they last as long as the originals did!

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
I am going to try the Ai aftermarket belts, mainly since they are the only company that dared to put masseys part number on the belts, which leads me to believe they didn't do the typical "oh this is close enough". Some research shows me they are a subsidiary company of PIX, an american belt manufacturer. Tired of, put your neighbor out of work china trash, so I hope I am at least buying an american made product.

Bought them online for 66% of AGCO price so I essentially got 1 set for free. Still was just a little shy of $200 for 3 sets! Hopefully they last as long as the originals did!
I thought the PIX belts came from India. (if we're talking about the same PIX) White with orange package?

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The front belt is a Gates TR2845 and the rear belt is a Gates TR28596. the front belt is listed for a 1958 International A100 truck. O'Reily's is showing $24 and $40 respectively, but I paid around half that.
Tried running that first number TR2845 and I got nowhere. Maybe there is a typo there? I'll try the application.

Those Ai belts are probably made in India and contracted by an American company, IamSherwood could be right. I was just hoping for the best.

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It turns out that one of the part numbers is out of stock at my vendor of choice, so I have a little wait until they are shipped out. Apparently, there is alot more demand for these belts than one might have guessed.

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had to backorder half of my belt order, they finally showed up the other day. Initially the Ai/PIX belts are very close to OEM agco parts. They have the massey numbers stamped right on the carcass and are the same configuration as the originals. Unfortunately they are made in India, shame on me. I'll try to post up some pics this week and get a set put on something.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts