Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1968 MF 10; 1964 IH B-414
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fuel shutoff on the sediment bowl of my mf10 is leaking. It's a very slight leak when the shutoff is off but when it's on it's a pretty constant drip. Also the vibrations of the motor make the shutoff turn itself out all the way while I'm running it. I've tried tightening the nut and it doesn't seem to help any, just wondering if these have replaceable gaskets or o-rings in them or is it a new sediment bowl?

temporary_260.jpg

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Packing or ring in the shut-off portion, nut squeezes packing if it has that to form seal. Bowl might have cork gasket, try an IH/Case dealer for that or other places. Might have to be rubber now days, but they aren't as good. As noted just removing and buying another whole unit is easiest way. Think many farm stores should have similar one in their stocks. Just need to get the pipe size going into tank right, and outlet right size, or most have pipe threads and can get fittings to fit it and your line there. That would be my choice.

·
DR. Bolens
19,083 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just ordered a new Briggs assembly. Or at least I hope so. The guy had never heard of a sediment bowl not attached to the side of the engine and was convinced I had no clue what I needed. Gave him the part number and told him to order it anyways. Hope I get the right one...

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wrong item showed up today, just the bowl not the assembly so he said he'd see if he could get the whole assembly sent here overnight, hoping to have it tomorrow and maybe this weekend I'll get to give the tiller a go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts