Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rust Wrangler
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mowed last Sunday and decided to use the old Massey 10 for a change instead of the C-101. The Massey is kind of like an old worn out pair of shoes, it just feels good. When I had finished mowing I parked the Massey by the patio and went inside to get a drink of water. The wife stopped me at the door and asked when I was going to do something about the seat on "that" tractor. It still has the original seat with stuffing coming out around the edges and what is left of a fabric seat cover hanging in shreds to the bottom cushion. I could see her point. Here's the thing about that old seat, that Massey sits better than any of my other tractors and I don't want to mess it up with a replacement that sits too high or is hard to throw a leg over. I've even been thinking about having an upholstery shop make a new cover for the original pan. Curious to see what others have done for replacements or re-covering.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

Attachments

Reactions: MFDAC

·
Rust Wrangler
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, might give them a call and see what they can do for me. The seat on it is the two piece P/N 520 880 M1 and 520 879 M1.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
I don't know if a back-yard method would be of interest or if it would even work with the two-piece seat. The seat cover was pretty bad on my 12G when I got it in mid 2011. By Sept 2011 I got tired of sitting on it. The cracked up cover peeled off the foam pad quite well so I pulled the upholstery off an old office chair, and put it on using the original retainer strip. Although not pretty, it still is working fine coming on 5 years later.

DAC

Attachments

·
Rust Wrangler
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if a back-yard method would be of interest or if it would even work with the two-piece seat. The seat cover was pretty bad on my 12G when I got it in mid 2011. By Sept 2011 I got tired of sitting on it. The cracked up cover peeled off the foam pad quite well so I pulled the upholstery off an old office chair, and put it on using the original retainer strip. Although not pretty, it still is working fine coming on 5 years later.

DAC
Wow, that cover looks like it was made for it. :thumbs:

Reactions: MFDAC

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
They do nice work. I've got a couple from them with Alan's help. They seem to like him better than me. Not

sure why. Maybe a border issue.
Hi Will, you have been missed! Hope you post more!

DAC

Reactions: KennyP
1 - 8 of 8 Posts