Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently aquired what I believe is a 70's vintage MF10. It has the Tecumseh HH100 engine with belt driven starter, delco voltage regulator,starter solinoid, magneto style coil, and 3 postion ignition switch. I need a wiring diagram. It starts properly but when I try to shut it off with the ignition switch it continues to run. It has an unattached hot wire coming from the switch when the switch is in the off position. When the switch is in the run position the unattached hot wire is dead. The wiring diagrams I have seen don't show this type of set up. Thanks in Advance.

·
39 Posts

·
Tractorholic
1,183 Posts
i dont have a wiring diagram but i am leaving shortly and can look at mine and let you know where the wires go.

·
Tractorholic
1,183 Posts
this is how my 2 67 10s are wired ,on the back of your switch there are 3 prongs 2 on top should be, left prong marked s on back of switch goes to selenoid.right is b terminal which is battery.I have mine hooked to selinoid where pos bat cable is hooked.single terminal is m terminal or magneto ,goes under engine shroud and gets fastened below carb on shroud backing plate and grounds out motor to shut it off. hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts