1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Well what he propably has on there is another brand of wheels with the holes drilled in them with some other manufacturers weights

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
DH1 said:
MH81 said:
Do me a favor see if the 7,8 wheel weights fit in the front rims of a 10,12.
I don't think they will because of the axle stub and cover sticking out of the front wheel. There would need to be a large hollow in the back centre of the weight.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya you right on that also the tire valve is going to be in the way.

·
Tractorholic
57 Posts
DH1 said:
Do me a favor see if the 7,8 wheel weights fit in the front rims of a 10,12.
As JDBrian stated earlier, the weights won't fit without modifications because they don't have a cutout for the axle grease cap. I have found the need for front weights when using the 650 extended tiller. I usually chain metal barbell weights to the bumper, but have thought that small suitcase type weights would fit nicely on the bumper to either side of the frame attachment point and they would be easier to add and remove, plus they would provide greater leverage out front of the tractor rather than on the front axle. Has anyone ever tried to fit suitcase weights from a small Kubota or other small tractor onto an MF-10 or 12? Thanks.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IamSherwood said:
Hey Doug, where did you find that picture?
Any more shots of it there?
I did a Google Image search for MF12 and it showed up.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NYMalloys said:
As JDBrian stated earlier, the weights won't fit without modifications because they don't have a cutout for the axle grease cap. I have found the need for front weights when using the 650 extended tiller. I usually chain metal barbell weights to the bumper, but have thought that small suitcase type weights would fit nicely on the bumper to either side of the frame attachment point and they would be easier to add and remove, plus they would provide greater leverage out front of the tractor rather than on the front axle. Has anyone ever tried to fit suitcase weights from a small Kubota or other small tractor onto an MF-10 or 12? Thanks.
Spacers could be used but the tire valve is still in the way, not sure if you can reverse the front wheels???

·
Registered
215 Posts
DH1 said:
Ya you right on that also the tire valve is going to be in the way.
just drill new hole of appropriate size on inside of rim , pop new valve stem in place and plug weld old hole or put new valve stem in old hole backwards aka stem pointing inwards . will leave just a small black bump showing.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Is there an offset on those rims? I don't have one handy to measure.
I'm almost sure that you'd be able to turn that around, and have the valve
inside. I'm thinkin my 10 had them reveresed when I took it apart.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts