Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new member restoring a MF 12 hydro transaxle. While I was going through the workings of the tractor I notice that the rod linkage that connects the brakes to the transmission is missing. It appears that when the brakes are applied the link from the brakes pulls on a cam placing the hydro transaxle selector lever into the neutral position. It is not a difficult piece to make but I would need the center to center length. If one of the members could measure the link rod center to center measurement it would be appreciated.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Hi

Welcome to GTT.

Nice to hear another MF12H is being resto'd.

If possible, please share some pictures with us.

Is this the linkage rod you are referring to? Item 5

in the schematic?

Automotive tire Gas Wood Auto part Fixture

If so, I can get you the measurements on the weekend.

I have found on several machines, that the Cam roller lever assembly gets

bent.

Wood Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

So I remove it, and weld a gusset to it to beef it up.

Wood Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Gas
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Gas

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Will
That does look like the part. Thanks for the reply .The parts exploded view shows part #5 as the part that I am interested in. I think that the linkage is probably a three Eight Inch rod about 3 to 4 inches between centers. But that is just a guess and the measurement would be more precise. I am still getting used to this forum and have already lost my first reply to this. I will take more pictures and will attempt to post them. Thanks again.
Claude

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Thanks Will. Claude welcome to GTtalk glad to have you. I have my MF 12 Hydro hanging in the garage sand blasted & primed waiting to be painted so I took some measurements of mine.

The length center to center is 4"

Ruler Office ruler Font Tool Measuring instrument

The length of the elbow is 7/8"

Temperature Office ruler Composite material Measuring instrument Font

The rod diameter is 3/8"

Office ruler Ruler Wood Flooring Floor

Hope this helps & keep us posted on your progress. :thumbs:

Attachments

Reactions: IamSherwood

·
Super Moderator
54,599 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the Forum! Glad you are getting answers from the fine folks here. Pic uploading is pretty simple, just click on the link in my signature for a short video for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.