Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new member restoring a MF 12 hydro transaxle. While I was going through the workings of the tractor I notice that the rod linkage that connects the brakes to the transmission is missing. It appears that when the brakes are applied the link from the brakes pulls on a cam placing the hydro transaxle selector lever into the neutral position. It is not a difficult piece to make but I would need the center to center length. If one of the members could measure the link rod center to center measurement it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Will
That does look like the part. Thanks for the reply .The parts exploded view shows part #5 as the part that I am interested in. I think that the linkage is probably a three Eight Inch rod about 3 to 4 inches between centers. But that is just a guess and the measurement would be more precise. I am still getting used to this forum and have already lost my first reply to this. I will take more pictures and will attempt to post them. Thanks again.
Claude

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Thanks that will make the project move along. I had my plastic hood cracks welded yesterday and will make an attempt at posting photos

Claude

1 - 3 of 3 Posts