Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was moving snow last winter and at one point the hydro arm got "unlinked" and mower wouldn't move. Took it apart now and cant seem to see what disconnected. The arm moves, but the pointer showing reverse or forward doesn't move. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

It seems as though the bolt connecting the hydro arm to the pointer assembly and the cam assembly (going off the diagram from the parts page) is either sheared off or came out. The arm moves free and the pointer moves the cam assembly by hand.

It's tough to see in there and I'm not sure how to get clear access.....any tips?

Also, since I've got it all apart.....how do I get the steering wheel off.....I took off the bolt, but it's still on there pretty tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quick update.....

didn't get the wheel off, but did get the hydro working by taking the square head bolt off the brake and putting it on the other side.

·
370 Posts
Glad you got the hydro working :thumbs: I do not have a 12 Hydro (yet) and looking at the parts book it looks like there are 2 square head bolts on the control shaft for the hydro, maybe the one fell out? For the steering wheel I would also recommend soaking it with PB blaster, WD40, or whatever you use. Before using the steering wheel puller. The one on my 12G and a 14 I am working on did not want to come off very easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts