Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change the oil at motor at my MF12G but I didn't found anywhere what kind of oil and how much (how many litres).Also in transmission .

Advice for all fluids in motor and transmission that I have to change are welcomed.

Thank you .

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't know what engine you have, but most older small engines called for SAE30. Many people run 15w40 diesel engine oil without any problems. I don't know about your transmission, my Craftsman calls for SAE30 in the engine and transmission.

If you know what engine you have you should be able to find a manual in the manual section, there may also be a tractor manual that would tell you what to put in the transmission.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You should find the info you need in the manuals above. 30wt oil is sometimes hard to find but still available.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for tips .

I read the Operator Manual and Service manual but I didn't found how many litres .Maybe something is missing to me.

Anyway tomorrow I want to make some work to my "beast" : change the oil , change the spark plug and maybe the air filter if my suplier gives me a positive answer.It seems that is very hard to find this kind of air filter (CA77) in my country .

Keep in touch .

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
The HH120 uses 1.5 quarts, Liters ahhh well-- maybe you can convert!--LOL Sorry I'm not more help!
Looks like a great MF12G. I have one also.

Later---DAC

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another stupid question : How can I change the transmission oil at MF12G ? I read the MF12 service manual and I see that I need aprox. 2 quarts of 80w90 gear oil . I found the drain plug at the bottom at the gear case , in front , facing the front of tractor and I think the refilling plug in the toolbox under the seat . Corect ? How can I see the level of oil in the gearbox ?

Thank you .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts