Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, does anybody know if the steering column/shaft on the mf14 fit onto the mf16...i recently picked up a mf16 with a push plow that needs restoring..first thing i noticed was the steering appears to be junk..is rebuilding the steering an option?..are parts still available?..is it possible to get creative and make something work?..as you can tell i have'nt really touched the thing since i got it home a couple of weeks ago , but now thinking about getting started on it..thanks, joe

·
Tractorholic
805 Posts
JoeA said:
Hi all, does anybody know if the steering column/shaft on the mf14 fit onto the mf16...i recently picked up a mf16 with a push plow that needs restoring..first thing i noticed was the steering appears to be junk..is rebuilding the steering an option?..are parts still available?..is it possible to get creative and make something work?..as you can tell i have'nt really touched the thing since i got it home a couple of weeks ago , but now thinking about getting started on it..thanks, joe
I'm not an expert on the 14/16, but my understanding is that they are identical except for the engines.

The steering columns are fairly easy to rehab. The one on my 12 was really easy to rebuild.

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,546 Posts
I would imagine that they are interchangeable.........

I have welded the shaft that goes through my Ford steering boxes with success.......so far anyways.....lol

Take it apart and see what it needs.

·
Tractorholic
42 Posts
JoeA said:
I think they are the same as well.....except for the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts