Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 14 that is leaking hydro oil out the axles. The tractor itself is in great shape and i want to restore. Can i still get gaskets and seals for the hydro?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
You mention gaskets....are you speaking of the hydro pump/motor gaskets? Or are you just needing seals for the axles themselves? Not sure if Massey still offers the seals, but you could source them from any bearing/seal supply company.

I split this post into it's own so as to get more views.

·
Addicted
247 Posts
Massey still sells the axle seal. The part number for the seal is 842569M1. I replaced both sides and ended up ruining one seal so instead of ordering another Massey seal online I went to Napa and got one there. (Massey Ferguson shut down my local dealer about four years ago and now the closest dealer is over an hour away,It was a small family operation too.) The Napa part number is 11372. I cannot remember the price for either one. The only thing is the side with the Napa seal still leaks a little. The axle shaft didn't seem to have a groove worn in it, so I'm not sure if the Napa seal isn't spot on or maybe I did something to the seal again.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I guess i assumed i would have to disassemble the rearend to replace the seals requiring the gaskets. Maybe i should started by asking what kind of job is it to replace the seals. Thanks for all your help.

·
32,409 Posts
You know, it's been so many years since being into a Peerless 2500 series that I forget if the true seals are at the axle tube ends, or behind the tubes next to the trans housing like the 2600 series that I replaced seals in last year. Let me holler at a friend who's been into his lately & get back with you. Unless someone comes along before then.

·
32,409 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats great. Sounds like this job will be a lot easier than i thought. Thanks so much for all your help. I will post some pics when i get her back together. Have a great day.

·
32,409 Posts
Be warned....these hubs can be beasts to pull off. You will need a beefy puller to get them off. Heating the hub, then applying wax that will be pulled in may go a long way to help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts