Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Picked up a snowblower for my MF16 yesterday and I got a couple questions.

1 - Does anybody have a manual for it, there is nothing in the manuals section that I can find.

2 - I'm missing the lift bars the raise and lower the unit, looking for info on them.

edit I found a manual over on the other site, still need info on the 2 lift bars.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have the MF 520 snow thrower and beleive I am missing the same parts

I have attached a picture with missing parts circled

If some one can supply a couple of pictures of the missing parts with a ruler in the pitures I can make the parts and supply a detailed drawing of the parts

Ant help is greatfully appreciated

Thank you

Jim

Attachments

·
141 Posts

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks also, the bars that I'm missing are in there also and looks like my bell crank is OK.

Can you mount the mower deck with the bell crank installed?

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spent some time on it today, cleaning all the mud out of it and freeing up the moving parts. Now it turns free and easy, the drive chain is a little stiff and the 2 drive belts could use replacing. The shoot had 2 cracks in it that I welded up and started making the 3 lift bars that were missing, making the 1/2" slot is not so easy. But looks like my $150, investment in this will not goto waste.

I got 1 more grass cutting to do then the tractor is free for the snowblower to get mounted.

·
141 Posts
I think the belcrank is used for both. Use motorcycle chain oil for the chain. Its penetrates to the inside of the chain.

Yes, you got a good deal! The snowplow is all that $150 will buy on the market!

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spent some time on this today, finished up the 3 bars I needed for the lift, got it mounted and working. :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Still needs some tweaking, new belts and the shoot rotator made but closer to being usable.

It sure goes up and down fast.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spent all day working on this thing and it's finished.

- Changed the 2 drive belts and broke 5 bolts off, had to drill them out and retapp the threads to get it back together.

- Found the double pulley set that has 2 bearings in it stiff and noisy. Drilled and tapped threads in it for a grease fitting, now it's much smoother and quiet. Amazing what a bit of grease will do.

- Made the double lift bars longer, welded up the hole that the pin goes in where it attaches to the blower and redrilled 1/4" longer. Now goes up more but still not all the way, enough to easily drive around with it up and not rub the ground.

- Lowered the skid shoes to push the blower up, broke off 4 of the 6 bolts, replaced.

- Made the shoot rotator and support rod, out of what I had lying around.

Pictures tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
54,355 Posts
Thou shalt always use PB Blaster in the future!

(Commandment # 11)

Thou shalt always supplement PB Blaster with thy torch!

# 12
I use Acetone & ATF!

·
1,087 Posts
Nice rig Doug,those front tires sure are sexy. Do the 14's use the same seat as the 12's.?

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the 14/16 use a different seat than the 10/12. I don't know what they look like ???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts