Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all new to the forum, thought i would share the pulling tractor me and a buddy built

we started with a beat up Massey 7 from the local junk yard, and tried using a 6.5hp genrac gas motor which i blew up at the first pull, so we dropped in a 10hp yanmar clone diesel engine

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

After removing the intake and muffler we had fun with it

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

But we wanted more power which we found at the junk yard again in the form of a 2" IHI turbo. so we set to work making the turbo fit

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

We finally had something that worked well but didn't look that good considering all the work. so a few cases of beer and spray paint later DEERE SLAYER was finished

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Tread Wood
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Gas Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Or so we thought. With the new power we lacked traction, so we fitted duals.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Then we needed more power so we added propane, Then we need more traction so we swapped in 2" plate for a wheelie bar all in the tractor had 1200lbs of extra weight added and we hit the limit of what a rear end designed for 7 hp could handle.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,548 Posts
Welcome to the site. Looks like fun. I have relatives in Ottawa. How did you add the propane to it. Pictures ?

Noel

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
How does a single cylinder diesel running 2,000 rpm spool a 50mm turbo? and how do you regulate how much propane gets injected. Also, 1,200 extra pounds seems like a lot, havent saw a weight class that high with just the tractor itself not added weight, Luke

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the site. Looks like fun. I have relatives in Ottawa. How did you add the propane to it. Pictures ?

Noel
It's hard to get photos of the propane system but we took a regulator of a Colman grill and put a 1lb tank under the hood and ran 1/4 gas line up to a ball valve on the dash and then did a pre turbo mist so that we didn't build pressure into the tank

Not the best system but it was fun

·
Registered
6 Posts
How does a single cylinder diesel running 2,000 rpm spool a 50mm turbo? and how do you regulate how much propane gets injected. Also, 1,200 extra pounds seems like a lot, havent saw a weight class that high with just the tractor itself not added weight, Luke
We ran a lot higher than 2000rpm lol the governed was removed and it took about 2min to built full boost

As for the weight we built this a part of the ******* class and it was more of a demonstration class (not competitive) I stopped bringing it when we bought the scales lol but I may be off with 1200lb but we ran 100lbs in wheel weights with 32 gallon of calcium in the tires plus 300lb of suit case weights where the deck should be plus the transport battery and suitcase weights in the front box and the 300lb wheelie bar plus my 300lb butt on it

there currently are no classes that it's allowed in and I have hooked the governor back up and I mostly use it for parades and bragging rights

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.