Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Tacos!
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got a replacement engine for my MF7...fits perfect, looks good. However, it is a different shaft size, old one was 1" and new one is 3/4". Anyone know if they make a bushing with the keyway on both sides? Or do I need a new pulley? If so where can I find it? I thought this would be no issue and I can't find anything.

·
Tacos!
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For what? Pulleys or bushings? And where on there do I look? I already tried them for the bushings and could not find what I needed.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Check with a local bearing or supply house for a replacement pulley. If you get a bushing or sleeve, it will require a special key that will be tall enough to go through the bushing and still fill the key way in your old pulley.

Mike just posted exactly what you need to order....

·
Tractorholic
150 Posts
What engine did you go with on this? do you have a link?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Man, you guys are fast. By the time I searched & posted, you guys beat me to it!!!!

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
We ALL just want to be helpful....:rofl2::rofl2:

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
middleageddeere said:
Ok got a replacement engine for my MF7...fits perfect, looks good. However, it is a different shaft size, old one was 1" and new one is 3/4". Anyone know if they make a bushing with the keyway on both sides? Or do I need a new pulley? If so where can I find it? I thought this would be no issue and I can't find anything.
I hope I'm not a bit slow on responding here, but could you convert those sizes to metric.
Maybe then I could help.:laughingteeth::laughingteeth:

You guys amaze me.:rocker2:

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
The metric system is so much easier. It is truly a shame that we can't make the switch.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Whoa, whoa, whoa... I am proud to be a non-metric speaking minority.
And I don't want to throw away my English wrenches just yet...

Just kidding, I do agree that the metric system is easier, but I have grown fond of the English Measuring system. It keeps my brain young when I'm trying to find the centerline of the wallboard, offset 7/16", with a 3/4" off the end for center of the stud. I am pretty sure the English system of measurement was devised by drywall companies so that people would have to buy 10% more to account for scrap pieces caused by poor math skills.

Glad you found the adapter you needed.

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
How about some photos? I would like to put one of these in my son's MF-8 for him. I would really love to see one of the HF motors with the blue trim painted gray to match the MF colors.

Edit: Y'all gave me an idea here! I need a bushing that will give me a 15/16" OD for a drill press that I need to swap out a three-phase motor from. I bet I could buy a 1" OD bushing, and turn it down on my lathe!

Reactions: middleageddeere

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Wow, the animals really had the leaves packed in behind the tin didn't they? Does it still have the headlight switch on it? Looks like it had headlights at one time because the light bracket can still be seen behind the headlight knock outs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts