Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have managed to repair an old MF8 (1972). It worked fine until last week-end when the two belts have broken one after the other.
These are the belts that allow thE tractor to move (I have not yet reinstalled the mower).
I measured one of the beltx which has a MF logo and a P/N : M511277M3
and I tried an other belt that I had available for the second one but it is too short.
Can anyone tell me what are the dimensions (and eventually P/N) of these two belts.
The first belt which works is a 50" lenght 1/2 width
The second one should also be 1/2 width but which lenght, 50" also ?
Thank you in advance for your help,

Henri Marchand
France
I

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
looking at the massey belt reference it says the MF8 uses two MF#511277M3 (PN# 248050) belts wich means your first belt is the correct belt.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's a lot for your quick answer. I will just need to get a second belt. Which document should I get in order to find that kind of information ? I bought a copy of the service lmanual (bad copy) but it does not mention anything about the various P/N's

·
Super Moderator
54,471 Posts

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
If you need to order a belt Lawn Mower Parts is a great website. just enter the MF partnumber or the newer p/n number...

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stoneman said:
looking at the massey belt reference it says the MF8 uses two MF#511277M3 (PN# 248050) belts wich means your first belt is the correct belt.
Well, I managed to get two belts 511277M3 (in fact equivalent belts in 127cm 13x8 size.
And I installed them ....not good ! The first one between the engine and th emiddle pulley is definitely OK but for the second one 50" is too short. I installed it but it is permanantly on, there is no possibility of slack for the clutch. Therefore the second one should be longer, but how much ? ?
Any hint in MF manuals ?
Regards,

hgm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts