Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow morning I'm headed north to pick up a potential Gem. I chanced on a MF8 Hydra Speed that has a deck and a snow blower. It needs work. The guy emailed some pics and we agreed on a price. It has a briggs motor, but the hood isn't hacked up. I figured the snow blower is tough business to find for one, so that is what sealed the deal.

Since these are tough to find in my area I'm pretty excited to be getting it. I'm unsure if I will keep it or trade it for another MF10/12. If I can find somebody who has one close enough willing to work a deal.

I'll post up pics tomorrow when I get home!

·
1,499 Posts
Congrats on the find, have a safe trip and take lots of pictures!

G

·
MF10 DIESEL said:
Tomorrow morning I'm headed north to pick up a potential Gem. I chanced on a MF8 Hydra Speed that has a deck and a snow blower. It needs work. The guy emailed some pics and we agreed on a price. It has a briggs motor, but the hood isn't hacked up. I figured the snow blower is tough business to find for one, so that is what sealed the deal.

Since these are tough to find in my area I'm pretty excited to be getting it. I'm unsure if I will keep it or trade it for another MF10/12. If I can find somebody who has one close enough willing to work a deal.

I'll post up pics tomorrow when I get home!
I might be interested in it, or the blower I have a pretty straight MF10 with bad tires, and the engine in parts, plus some bucks to throw in. I went to Omaha for one of my MF8's

·
202 Posts
Well, I got home with it. The serial number identifies it as a 1974 model 8H. It was electric start. It not perfect by any means, but, it is another massey saved from the iron maggots. Here are some pics...

·
202 Posts
hooligan said:
I might be interested in it, or the blower I have a pretty straight MF10 with bad tires, and the engine in parts, plus some bucks to throw in. I went to Omaha for one of my MF8's
I would be up for a trade of some sorts for that MF10 as I have a running HH100 out in the shed. Shoot me a PM. Funny thing is that I'm right in between Omaha and Lincoln.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
That is awesome that you found a snowblower for an 8. You don't see them very much at all.

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike, I am willing to trade the 8H and deck for your 10G, basket case engine, and a deck. Call me tomorrow and we'll hash out the details. This is great we save 2 masseys and both get what we are really interested in/or in need of.

Anybody, interested in the 720 snowblower? MF 10/12 stuff for trade talks.

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jmoar said:
That looks like the same Blower that goes on my MF 12
It looks the same, but the MF720 is actually a scaled down version of a 10/12 snowblower. I couldn't believe how similar it looked to the MF620 for the 10/12.

·
Tractorholic
150 Posts
[/QUOTE]Anybody, interested in the 720 snowblower? MF 10/12 stuff for trade talks.[/QUOTE]

Is this blower for the MF8? if so how much?

·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anybody, interested in the 720 snowblower? MF 10/12 stuff for trade talks.[/QUOTE]

Is this blower for the MF8? if so how much?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Blower is sold

Tractor might be sold as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts