Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see a few items and just uncertain if it is a scam.
Thanks
Alert:
BBB has conducted an investigation into this business and has determined it to be a fraudulent operation. We were notified to this scam by multiple out of state consumers who were in the process of purchasing a product from Mindaq Repo. BBB's investigation found that the website was created September 14th, 2022 and is registered in Hong Kong, China. There is no mailing address listed, but the website states that they are located in Concord Center in Birmingham, AL. BBB staff confirmed that the business in question has no presence at the location they claim on their website. The business offers high end classic and new sports cars, as well as heavy equipment for auction on their website. The only means of payment they accept is wire transfer. BBB has attempted to contact the business by telephone and email and has yet to receive a response. Motor vehicle dealers in AL are required to have a dealer license from the Alabama Department of Revenue, which this business has not obtained. BBB advises the public to be extremely cautious when purchasing large dollar items online from unknown parties.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alert:
BBB has conducted an investigation into this business and has determined it to be a fraudulent operation. We were notified to this scam by multiple out of state consumers who were in the process of purchasing a product from Mindaq Repo. BBB's investigation found that the website was created September 14th, 2022 and is registered in Hong Kong, China. There is no mailing address listed, but the website states that they are located in Concord Center in Birmingham, AL. BBB staff confirmed that the business in question has no presence at the location they claim on their website. The business offers high end classic and new sports cars, as well as heavy equipment for auction on their website. The only means of payment they accept is wire transfer. BBB has attempted to contact the business by telephone and email and has yet to receive a response. Motor vehicle dealers in AL are required to have a dealer license from the Alabama Department of Revenue, which this business has not obtained. BBB advises the public to be extremely cautious when purchasing large dollar items online from unknown parties.
Yes they are a scam LLC a friend of mine or maybe a relative was just burned by them. They do NOT accept any type of bank financing it must be done by a wire transfer ONLY. When you call this number (205) 201 - 0439 you will get a recording no matter when you call. You will receive a phone call back later in the day and the lady who you are speaking to her name will be ANNA. Oh and guess what she speaks broken English and you can tell how she speaks she is ASIAN. THEY ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH BANKS AS THEY SAY ON THIER WEBSITE LIKE CHASE, BANK OF AMERICA OR Wells Fargo. WHAT IS REALLY SAD THE BOAT MY FRIEND OR RELATIVE WON AND DID THE WIRE FOR IS BANK UP ON THE AUCTION BLOCK AGAIN SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes they are a scam LLC a friend of mine or maybe a relative was just burned by them. They do NOT accept any type of bank financing it must be done by a wire transfer ONLY. When you call this number (205) 201 - 0439 you will get a recording no matter when you call. You will receive a phone call back later in the day and the lady who you are speaking to her name will be ANNA. Oh and guess what she speaks broken English and you can tell how she speaks she is ASIAN. THEY ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH BANKS AS THEY SAY ON THIER WEBSITE LIKE CHASE, BANK OF AMERICA OR Wells Fargo. WHAT IS REALLY SAD THE BOAT MY FRIEND OR RELATIVE WON AND DID THE WIRE FOR IS BANK UP ON THE AUCTION BLOCK AGAIN SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?
As they say. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I "almost" fell for it and decided to check BBB, Birmingham. I could have lost a LOT of money.

·
Super Moderator
55,643 Posts
This topic may be innocent enough but to have 5 new posters join a site just to talk about a scam seems a little like one...
Yeah, I'm watching them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alert:
Thank you so much! I could not find anything on them, had left a message with no call back and the auction expired anyway. I appreciate you finding this, thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts