Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't go out and play with my toys right now. I'm getting around pretty darned good now. So, I have been collecting old Bolens ads and brochures.

Attachments

·
Jack of all trades, master of none.
1,133 Posts
I never had a bolens they never seemed to do anything for me. But I need to ask you the owner do they satisfy your garden tractor needs?

Reactions: MH81

·
A Little Off Plumb
7,826 Posts
Thanks for sharing - the third colour picture appears to highlight the brown metallic that is usually so faded on the late 60's tubeframe tractors like the 1050.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
I never had a bolens they never seemed to do anything for me. But I need to ask you the owner do they satisfy your garden tractor needs?
I have been using Bolens for year around equipment for years. One of the best things about them is their fast switch attachment system, most attachments can be installed in under 2 minutes

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,232 Posts
Although your question was not directed to me, I feel I can add another reason for their popularity.

The Bolens tube-frames had attachments which were interchangeable over a period of approx. 13 years. ....This is not typical for other brands sold in those years.

·
1,133 Posts
I have been using Bolens for year around equipment for years. One of the best things about them is their fast switch attachment system, most attachments can be installed in under 2 minutes
I really would like to get one sometime, what you bolens guys recommend for a first one to get ? A guy down the road from me has about 20 of them for sale. He used to have a small engine place and his prices are very good. I have bought 3 Tecumseh OH engines off of him for 50 bucks and suburban mower decks off him for 50 bucks. He would sell the whole lot if any of you bolens guys would like to save them. If not they will be scrapped some day he is 78 years old now and getting out of it. He scrapped 14 tri axle loads of tractors. I bought a nice SS15 off him for 150 dollars. I would just hate to see those bolens get scrapped. He would as long just sell you one if you wanted a certain one. Which is why I say what model should I look for if I was to get onem

Reactions: HANKG

·
1,133 Posts
Also I like those ads bounsbuilt. They are very neat

·
1,133 Posts
Unfortunately he has no ride a matics. I have been through the bolens section stealing Tecumsehs off the g14s.and g16s

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like collecting the ads along with the tractors. I've had Craftsman's for years and always liked them. I bought a Troy-Bilt LTX16 and it has snowballed from there. I have 2 of the LTX's, 7 Bolens ride a matics, 3 Craftsman's and around 6 parts tractors. Come spring and I am able to work again, I hope to add a 1256 tube frame to my mess!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts