Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got almost two yards of topsoil today, and filled up a low spot at my sister in laws. Used the loader to move it, then levelled it some with the loader, then finished levelling with the bulldozer, aka, Frankie. Took about two hours.

Noel.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,611 Posts
Great job, Noel! Bet the tractors were happy to work out some!

Reactions: propane1

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Looks like you had a nice day working [playing] with the tractors.I haven't done much with mine for awhile.Its pretty wet here and now where getting a bit of rain.I'am sure once it dries up a bit it'll be time to put the mower deck on.I usually till the garden before installing the deck but the grass is going to need a trimming very soon. Oh well at least it's seat time.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
You are really making me think about a new project building a FEL---please stop teasing me---too many irons in the fire!

Seriously, that is a great, affordable setup you built there Noel, keep the pics coming!

DAC

·
Registered
254 Posts
Can you drive your tractor on that trailer gate?

Reactions: propane1

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
Yes, drove right on the trailer. I drive my Ferguson farm tractor on it. 2x2 square tube all around outside, then 5, 2x1 square tubing in the middle, spaced, then wire mesh on top of all that. Very heavy to lift up. Looking for ideas for spring assist lift on the tail gate.

Noel.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Yes, drove right on the trailer. I drive my Ferguson farm tractor on it. 2x2 square tube all around outside, then 5, 2x1 square tubing in the middle, spaced, then wire mesh on top of all that. Very heavy to lift up. Looking for ideas for spring assist lift on the tail gate.

Noel.
this looks handy..

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks like just what I need. Thanks.

Noel

Reactions: Auburn David

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like home depot has a good selection of springs, so off I go soon to home depot .

Noel

Reactions: Auburn David

·
Registered
254 Posts
It might work for you, but it might be worth doing a few calculations. I have a 5x14 trailer that I made a spring assist for. I couldn't find springs (for less than a few hundred dollars) that would work. My gate is also heavy, and still deflects some with my Snapper 1855 running up it with 600 lbs in the FEL.

My gate is 5' wide, and 4' long. Putting the bathroom scale under the edge of gate when down showed that I needed 170 lbs of direct vertical lift force. This gets multiplied many times when you are lifting at an angle to vertical (as in the video). I only mention this, because your gate is likely much heavier than the one in the video.

I'm anxious to see your solution!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts