Garden Tractor Forums banner

More mower deck problems

693 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Bolens 1000 
#1 ·
After replacing bearings and reassembly , I still have a lot of play. I have not greased them yet, and would think the amount of play I am seeing is unacceptable. Here is a video so you can see what I'm dealing with.

Attachments

#3 ·
No shafts were new last season. The housing that the bearings drop into did not have very much friction when put together. All bearing assembles are doing the same thing, and two of them have not been changed out yet. I thought it was wore bearings, but maybe they are ok and it is something else. The bearing housings look good. No cracks and I don't think a spun bearing has happened. I was hoping someone has ran into this problem before. Everything is torqued to specifications.

#4 ·
I had a Cub Cadet 1650 deck that was doing the same thing. I too replaced the bearings thinking that was where my play was coming from. Nope...it was the housings. The original housings were NLA. I had to buy a non-serviceable spindle assembly to replace it. It did the job, but I like Zerk fittings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.