Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

So I had purchased a bolens ht20 over the winter and finally got the deck installed. I went to cut some grass and then one of the big deck pulleys popped off...

Here are the before and after pictures; the blade is still attached just fine underneath, its just that the top pulley came off.

Can I easily fix this? :( ...heh

before and after shots.

It looks to me; I might still have it all? just missing the top nut and zerk????

Please impart your knowledge o wise bolens ones :)

Attachments

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm sure our Bolens guys will be able to fix you right up and have you mowing in no time.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Welcome to GTT. I can not tell from the pics. Download the manual you need from our Manuals Section(3 for free per day) and check it against what is there. We have several sponsors who can fix you up with parts. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah good to hear... good to hear :eek:k:

I was afraid I had lost the ability to mow.. since ive heard bolens parts are a pain to come by.

I will take some clearer pics. I already ordered a new belt. the original belt is still in one piece but I figure its been a few decades since it was changed.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Quick simple fix would be to go get a 3/8-24 x 1" fine thread grade 8 bolt, a 3/8 flat washer and new 3/8 lock washer. Torque top bolt to 150 inch lbs. then blade bolt to 300 inch lbs.

This will get you going until you can get a new 1719331 special bolt and grease fitting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So here are the new pics.

First pic is of the left pulley. with everything intact.

Second one is of the problem pulley on the right... and whats left after it popped out.

looks like I will need the

zerk fitting,

the nut,

the smaller washer..

How do I go about getting a vendor to get these to me?

Can I buy these at some auto parts store??

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick simple fix would be to go get a 3/8-24 x 1" fine thread grade 8 bolt, a 3/8 flat washer and new 3/8 lock washer. Torque top bolt to 150 inch lbs. then blade bolt to 300 inch lbs.

This will get you going until you can get a new 1719331 special bolt and grease fitting.
Ah thank you kindly ClassicBolens!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts